Community Support Worker
Key Rehab Services Inc. — Kitchener, ON
Community Personal Support Worker (Mental Health/Cognitive Support Needs)
Job Types: Part-time, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends and hoildays
Salary: From $19.00 – 22.00/ hour with bonus pay for nights and weekends
Required for Community-based clients and for Supported Independent Living Program residence. Receiving support due to motor vehicle accident. Client’s needs are primarily due to cognitive impairments and mental health changes.
Opportunity to join a dynamic organization, a known leader in Community Care. At Key Rehab Services Inc., our primary focus is to provide individualized, comprehensive rehabilitation support to assist injured individuals in their recovery. You will be working as part of a care team but will be one-on-one with the client in their home and community. Reliable transportation is a must.
****Experience with mental health and community care is essential for this job****
We work with a large variety of client populations, including:
- Acquired Brain Injury/Traumatic Brain Injury (ABI/TBI)
- Concussion Management
- Spinal cord injury
- Orthopedic injuries
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Mental health issues
Will provide care activities, support and assistance to carry out activities of daily living. Support Workers assist with prompting and activities of daily living with the goal of supporting our client’s independence and optimal functioning.
These activities can include:
- Implementing care plan interventions
- Cuing and reminders for daily activities, home organization
- Medication assistance
- Activation, companionship, and social engagement
- Reporting changes in client status or safety concerns
- Communicating with team members including regulated health provider and/or responsible family member and treatment team
- Documenting care provided
Care plans are developed by the client’s care team which can include, but is not limited to, the client, their family, their physician, nurse, case coordinator, physiotherapist, and personal support workers (PSW). PSW’s assist our clients with activities they would do for themselves were they physically or cognitively able.
Training will be provided. Able to start as soon as suitable applicant is available. PPE will be provided.
- Personal Support Worker Education, Completion of Diploma or Degree (Social Service Work, Developmental Services, Child and Youth Work)
- Experience working with brain injury an asset
- Valid drivers license & auto insurance; must have reliable transportation
- Current CPR/First Aid certification
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check – within the last 6 months
- Personal cell phone required.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.00-$22.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Night shift
- mental health and brain injury: 1 year (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
Work remotely: No